Friday, February 15, 2013

The Unsinkable


Authors Note: In this piece I did a stream of consciousness. At first I had no idea what to write but then I sat down and thought really hard about a subject. I thought of this cruise story because I was watching the Titanic a couple of days ago and reminded me of it. 


As the cruise ship sailed through rough water, and all the passengers were comfortable seated, we sailed out of the harbor and into the open sea. The waves were strong, but the wind was even stronger, allowing us to steer our way along the coast, following the outline of the shore. Each minute the wind and  the waves got stronger and stronger until the ship gave up. The Ship was slowly sinking in the freezing shinny water as we yelled for help. All nightmares of what could happen came to reality.

The screaming of all passengers on the ship frightened me even more than expected. Yet I was prepared to die this very moment. Everyone clinging on to the railings of the ship hoping not to go down. I was eight years old at the time so i didn't exactly know what was going on. All thoughts were racing through my tiny brain thinking if this is for real or just a dream.

 My mother grab my hand and took me to the front of the ship which was peeking so high in the air you could touch the clouds. Seeing most people grabbing on to anything they could find to support them selves up but failing to hold their weight and falling into the crystal iceberg cold water.

The captain ordered everyone to find as many life jackets as they could and put them on themselves and loved ones too. From the height were I was you could see everyone in the frigid water gasping for help as they slowly started to drowned. While I was looking at this terrifying sight, my mother told me to close my eyes and imagine that i'm back home with my friends playing in the park. She was hoping that this would distract me long enough till we found a life boat ourselves. She had dragged me along searching high and low for any kind of safety jacket or boat but luck did not struck us.

We had finally found an old lady who was struggling to get into a small life boat that was a bout fit for four. Her and my mother made an agreement that is she helped the old lady into the life boat then she would let us come along. The boat plopped into the freezing ocean and we headed straight north, hoping that we  would come along land eventually. As we sailed out I could still here the screams and yelps for people to come save them. The old lady and my mother told me just to close my eyes and fall fast asleep. 

I awoke by the screaming of a young man's voice asking if anyone was in the boat. My Mom had squealed as load as she could and answered back "Were over here, follow my voice." The man did so and eventually putting us on his bigger fishing boat. We all had wondered what a fisherman was doing way out in the middle of the ocean, but we didn't care, as long as it brought us to safety. It took us about 2 days to finally find the  bay of Boston Massachusetts .  Each of us took slow careful steps off of the rocking boat. We were relieved to see all of the shinning towers of  Boston but I was still in shock about the sinking of the ship. My mom had told me that the people are in a good place and you now have many angels looking over you. I felt a little better but knowing that me, Ally Johnson could have been killed on that ship made me appreciate what I have and I will always forever love my life and everyone in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment