Monday, October 22, 2012

Memorable Vacation

Authors Note: Over the weekend I processed an idea on creating a story about a memorable vacation.  This Blog post will be a personal narrative about my trip to Orlando, Florida.  In this  piece of writing, I tried to focus on editing my writing for run on sentences.  In addition, I will work on developing a good conclusion.


Every five years my family makes a pilgrimage to our favorite vacationing spot, Walt Disney World in beautiful Orlando, Florida.  Last year we continued this tradition in May over the Memorial weekend.  This was an especially memorable time because we celebrated my parents twentieth anniversary.

What made planning the trip exciting was that I had a say in where we would stay and do.  It was unanimous among the family that we would go back to the Saratoga Springs resort and get the Park Hopper passes.  In addition to going to our old favorites, I suggested visiting a new park as well.  Discovery Cove had been a park that I had been interested in visiting for some time. The park turned out to be more breath taking than seen on t.v.

When at Disney, the first park we went to was Epcot.  We enjoy the performers, shopping, a great meal and of course, the fireworks!  I want the next day we ventured out to Animal Kingdom.  Our favorite ride was the Kali Rapids.  Getting soaked felt great in the hot weather.  The most memorable event that day was when my father and brother got stuck on the Mount Everest ride.  It took some time to get them down.  Of course, we went to the Magic Kingdom where we spent hours waiting in lines to ride some of the best roller coasters like Space Mountain and the Rock and Roll Roller Coaster.  A trip to the Magic Kingdom wouldn't be complete without staying at night to see the Electric Light parade and the fireworks.

To wrap up our trip, we had a nice lunch at an outdoor cafe to reminisce about this trip and previous ones.   The extended weekend sure went fast!  Disney World is surely the place were dreams come true.  Each trip creates new memories and brings back old ones.  I look forward to the next trip four years from now.


No comments:

Post a Comment